Mindanao’s lead agency in coordinating and integrating development efforts that bring about accelerated socio-economic development of Mindanao.
We shall carry out this mission through the active and extensive participation of all sectors in this development process. We are committed to upholding standards for service excellence, good governance and inclusive leadership in achieving the aspirations and vision of all Mindanawons.
The projects include:
These projects are currently being implemented by the DPWH Regional Offices in coordination with MinDA. Roads leading to tourism destination areas, ports and airports, and farm to market roads were also monitored in coordination with the concerned LGUs, DOT, DPWH, DOTC and DA.
Php5.087 billion Panguil Bay Bridge Project approved by the NEDA Board with initial funding of Php100 million for the Road Right of Way (RROW), which is now for detailed engineering by the DPWH.
Feasibility Study of the Mindanao Railways System (MRS) - The MRS project consists of six (6) segments that will span the entire Mindanao (total length of approximately 1672 km) providing a dramatic bid to boost the economic development of the resources-rich but underdeveloped region.
Mindanao River Basin Flood Control Projects (Php1.22 billion under the 2014 DPWH GAA and Php990 million for 2015) - MinDA was able to get DPWH support and funding commitment for the Php9.5 Billion MRB flood control projects, namely:
1. Rio Grande De Mindanao Siltation Control – Ph Php.143 billion
2. Integrated Tamontaka River and Rio Grande de Mindanao
Protective Dikes Project – Php 2.051 billion
3. Buluan River Control System – Php 1.288 billion
4. Pulangui River Flood Control System, including Repair of Tungol Bridge – Php 673 Million
5. Ambal-Simuay River Flood Control System – Php 1.634 million
6. Ala River Flood Control System – Php 743 million
Php18.99 billion Davao Port Modernization Project - Various meetings convened by MinDA with key stakeholders including private-sector prompted DOTC to consider reviewing the original scope of work of the project based on the proposal/study conducted by the Philippine Ports Authority.
- Social and agriculture components of the Malitubog-Maridagao
- Phase II Irrigation Project in the amount of Php 6.9 billion
- Timaco Port in Cotabato City amounting to Php 959 million
- General Santos Aerotropolis (Php 959 million)
- Ozamiz Airport (Php 695 million)
- Sanga-Sanga Airport (Php 248 million)
In terms of recent international development partner engagement, MinDA is partnering with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the implementation of “Strengthening Institutions for Investments in Mindanao – Small Scale Capacity Development Technical Assistance” Project, which will include the preparation of the South-Central Mindanao Development Corridor Study as one of the outputs of the CB package. MinDA is also working with ADB and DPWH for the Improving National Roads for Inclusive Growth in Mindanao Project (INRIGMP) as well as a review the functional roles and complementation of gateways in South-Central Mindanao with